We recommend following the official TP Link setup manual. A copy would be included with your purchase, but you can also download it from here.
If Using WISP Mode..
- Unpack the device.
- Set the mode switch to WISP.
- Connect an Ethernet lead between the TP Link device and the Key Cabinet.
- Plug in the power connection to the TP Link device. Its a USB connection which will immediately power on the unit once plugged in.
- As per step 3 of the manual, on a laptop or computer with WiFi capabilities, connect to the TP Link access point. Note that the password (secret key) is found on a sticker located on the side of the device.
- Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.254. Note the password is admin.
- Follow the screen shots found in step 4, part 2 "WISP Client Router Mode".
- Once connected, reboot the key cabinet so that is picks up a new network address.
- Log in to PoolCar and go to the Sysadmin menu.
- Click "Manage Units" the heading "KeyMaster". Observe the current date/time the cabinet last synchronized with the server. Refresh the page after a while to see if the date/time stamp refreshes - the cabinet will synchronize every 30 seconds.
If Using 3G/4G Mode..
As per the above, except set the mode switch to 3G/4G. Follow the steps outlined in the manual.