When checking in a pool car, let’s say the ending odometer in is meant to be 32000 but mistakenly we enter 42000.
Next time we try to check in the same pool car with the odometer reading, 32050 the system complains “The ending odometer value 32050 is less than what we already have on file (42000). Please check the odometer value and try again."
For Pool Management Sites
The good news is that in a recent release we have added the ability to remove errant odometer readings to the Pool Management Suite.
- Go to your Asset Register and edit the vehicle with the wrong odo.
- Click on the Odo Readings tab to see historical readings.
- Click on the reading you want removed - the system highlights suspected errant readings in bold red text but you can delete any reading.
- Click OK if you are sure this is the reading you want to delete.
- You can add the correct odo reading for the date of the journey using Add a reading.
For Standard Sites
For sites not using Pool management you can only amend the current odometer in the Vehicle Register. Unfortunately the errant odometer is still in the system. Please raise a ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the vehicle registration, the errant odometer reading and what it should be and we will correct it in the back-end.