When a signed in user cannot see a specific asset in the booking calendar the below troubleshooting steps may help:
Advanced Search Options
Check and see if the user has an advanced search option enabled that might be filtering out the vehicle.
The driver may not be licenced to drive the vehicle based on the details they've entered (Licence Type, Manual/Auto Transmission or if they are a probationary driver)
- Confirm via the Driver Register whether the Driver has a licence type specified, and if it matches the vehicles licence type (or is a step above) via the Asset Register.
- Confirm on the Asset Register that a licence type has been specified for the vehicle - this can be empty due to an incorrect file import.
- Confirm via the Driver Register whether the Driver in question has 'Can drive manual transmission?' checked.
- Confirm whether the vehicle is a manual or auto via the Asset Register - 'Auto Transmission?' field.
- The vehicle won't appear if it has a manual transmission and the driver can only drive automatics.
- Confirm via the Driver Register whether the Driver in question has 'Probationary Licence (P-Plates)' checked.
- Confirm whether the vehicle allows probationary drivers to book the vehicle via the 'Probationary drivers can operate?' field.
- The vehicle won't appear the driver is a probationary driver and the vehicle has specified probationary drivers aren't allowed to operate them.
If you have access groups enabled on your PoolCar site the issue may lay with the driver not been correctly assigned to the same access group as the asset. To verify this you will need to confirm what access groups an asset/vehicle is assigned to and what access groups the driver is assigned to.
If the Driver is not assigned to a matching access group as the vehicle they will not be able to view the vehicle in the New Booking calendar.
Driver's assigned access groups
- Via the Driver Register you should be able to see a list of check boxes, one for each of your access groups. Take note of which boxes are checked for the Driver.
- The check boxes may be grayed out - this is due to the Method to assign users to access groups application setting. If this is set to 'Rules' you will not be able to manually change a users access groups.
Vehicle's assigned access groups
- If you have the Pool Management Suite enabled you can edit a vehicle's access groups via the Pools page. Edit a Pool and you will see a familiar list of access group check boxes. Take note and compare with the Drivers assigned access groups.
Tip: Select All Users (General Pool) if want anyone to book the car.
- You may have also manually selected the access groups for each vehicle via the Asset Register. Edit a vehicle and you will see a familiar list of check boxes found on the Bookings tab. Take note and compare with the Drivers assigned access groups.
- If you are not utilizing the Pool Management Suite you are able to manually select the access groups for each vehicle via the Vehicle Register. Edit a vehicle and you will once again see a familiar list of check boxes. Take note and compare with the Drivers assigned access groups.
Vehicle is hidden
The vehicle itself may be configured to be hidden, or not shown before/after a certain date. This can be confirmed via the Asset Register or the Vehicle Register.
Asset Register - Bookings tab
- Confirm whether 'Hidden from booking system?' is set to 'No'.
- Confirm whether 'Cannot Be Booked Before' date is empty or earlier than the current date.
- Confirm whether 'Cannot Be Booked After' date is empty or later than the current date.
- Confirm whether 'Hidden from booking system?' is unchecked.
- Confirm whether 'Cannot Be Booked *Before* Date' is empty or earlier than the current date.
- Confirm whether 'Cannot Be Booked *After* Date' is empty or later than the current date.